Entertainment & SportsBetween Saint-Malo & Mont Saint-Michel
The sail, the sea, the animals …
The summer, the Argoat of internal Brittany moves on the coast of Armor and the international cultural events are based in the country of Saint-Malo. The most known is the mythical Sailing Road of the Rum which leaves Cancale every 4 years. The next edition leaves in 2018, but this year, you could browse the 42 km since Cancale up to the Mount by running with the marathon at the end of May. The walkers, the hikers and the cyclists will take their time on the green way which goes along the bay. Cherrueix is mid-term and in the entrance of the “polders” and grassy, famous “salt meadows” of the bay.
But, the big sports attraction in Cherrueix, stays the Sand yachting because here, in the middle of the bay, when the sea withdraws, stays an immense play area for all the sports of sail. The second major element is the wind northwest or of south-wester which pulls windmills for centuries. Cherrueix welcomed the world championship in 2012 !
To bathe in the bay, it is necessary to wait for the high tide, otherwise direction the wild beaches of Saint coulomb between Cancale and Saint-Malo in 20 km. Other alternative, the swimming pool dollibule in Dol-de-Bretagne with its water park and its sauna.
To stay in the sea, you can make mini-cruises by boat to go for example on the Cap Fréhel by the sea or go down the Rance until Dinan, have a relaxing time with a Thalasso at the Sea Thermal baths or go to the Grand Aquarium of Saint-Malo.
Agenda 2019Events around
- Big tides in 2019
- End February : La Route du Rock “Winter Collection” : Lives Pop/Rock (Saint-Malo)
- 8-10 June : Étonnants voyageurs : International book and film festival of travellers (Saint-Malo)
- End of May : Celtic Festival all around Brittany (Gouel Breizh)
- 26 May : Marathon of Mont Saint-Michel (Cancale > Mont Saint-Michel) + half way is in Cherrueix
- Beginning July : Folklores du monde : International world’s music and dance Festival (Saint-Malo)
- End of July : Festival of Celtic music and dance (Dol-de-Bretagne)
- Mid August : La Route du Rock “Summer Collection” : Lives Pop/Rock (Saint-Malo)
- End September : British Film Festival (Dinard)
- End of October : Quai des Bulles : Comic’s Festival (Saint-Malo)